References and Acknowledgements
Contra Costa County map, Contra Costa Gazette
Military Bounty Land Grant. Complements of the United States National Archives and Records Administration
Newspaper Clipping "Saline Salt Manufacturing and Mining Company." Contra Costa Gazette, March 21, 1863, page 2
Portrait of L.R. Mead History of Contra Costa County
Photograph of the first Byron Hot Springs Hotel. Complements of Jon and Dixie Adams. Unpublished scrapbook
Sunset Magazine advertisement for the Byron Hot Springs. November 1904
Photograph of the third Byron Hot Springs Hotel complements of Jon & Dixie Adams. Unpublished Scrapbook
Portrait of Mae Sadler Mead, San Francisco Examiner. December 12, 1915. Pg 19, Col.4.
Full page advertisement for the Byron Hot Springs Resort. Byron Times Seventh Booster Edition, 1920- 1921, pg.22
Rear view of the third Byron Hot Springs Hotel during WWII. Note blacked out windows and miliary truck. Personal photographs taken by military personnel while stationed at "Camp Tracy." Complements of the Tracy Press, Tracy. CA
Mission St. Paul Dedication day, December 8, 1948, Byron Hot Springs. Photograph complements of the Ascension Greek Orthodox Church Historical Committee, Oakland, CA. (Author edited)
Preliminary poster design for "The Great Bazaar" held at the Byron Hot Springs. Complements of Jon and Dixie Adams. Unpublished Scrapbook.
Additions, suggestions, corrections and improvements are encouraged and will be considered in revision. Instructors or students having family members or friends that can add to our store of information about the Byron Hot Springs are encouraged to contact the East Contra Costa County Historical Society or the author.
The author can be reached at Historian@byronhotsprings.com
This page last updated on 03/24/2004
© 2004 Byron Hot Springs